Purpose: To provide a safe environment for infants and children under 3 years of age so that their caregivers can attend worship service without distraction or worry.
Nursery Care Provider (NCP) Requirements:
1. All persons in contact with children are to be CORI checked per church and government regulations.
2. A minimum of 1 adult must be present at all times.
3. All NCP’s must complete a review of the Nursery Care Guidelines with a leader.
4. Teenage (ages 13-18 years) members of the church may serve as NCP’s with the following requirements:
o 14 year olds and over may care for children 2 years old and over only.
o 16 year olds and over may care for infants and those under 2 years old
o NO ONE UNDER 16 YEARS OLD MAY HANDLE AN INFANT *
1. The Nursery Care Coordinator will schedule 2 NCP’s per week.
2. NCP’s should be in the nursery 15 minutes prior to the service.
3. NO HOT BEVERAGES ARE TO BE IN THE NURSERY
4. Parents & guardians will sign in with the child’s name, their name, and their diapering & “when to get me” preference.
5. Snack: all children will be seated for snack. Juice and child safe crackers will be available.
6. Bathroom trips & diapering: The NCP will only bring a child to the bathroom or change a diaper with prior consent from the parent or guardian.
o GLOVES ARE TO BE WORN for all such care.
o Without parental/guardian consent, 1 of the 2 providers will leave the nursery to alert the child’s parent or guardian of their need.
7. The Nursery Care Coordinator will monitor all supplies.
8. No one other than parents or guardians will be allowed into the nursery until the service is over.
9. The NCP’s will be responsible for general clean up of the nursery, encouraging the children to assist as they are able. Any toys which were mouthed or handled in a manner which may cause germs to spread must be washed with warm water and dish soap and allowed to dry before returning to use.